In The News
Travel Escapes 2010
March 1, 2010
Source: Modern Luxury Miami
1. W RETREAT & SPA – VIEQUES ISLAND, opening March 25, 2010 will offer 157 "sand-sational" rooms where guests can swim in the secluded white-sand beaches, ride horseback in the mountains and go for a mangrove tour through the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge. All Rooms include the signature W bed, 350-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets and goose down comforter and pillows, 42" LCD TV, Bliss® Spa bath amenities, plush bathrobes and the Vieques bathtub, an original design by Urquiola.
The "Surrender to Your Senses" Package offered April 1 through December 22, 2010 is a perfect way to experience all that the resort has to offer. Guests receive a one of kind experience with rates from $359 per night, minimum stay two nights. Highlights of the package include 2 welcome cocktails in W lounge, daily Breakfast at miX on the beach, Sunset champagne ritual for 2, Baba au Rhum - a signature Alain Ducasse dessert, exclusive Jane Marvel for W Retreat& Spa 'Sunshine' beach bag and an upgrade to a Mega Room.
2. Since 1946 the historic CHEECA LODGE AND SPA has been the premier luxury resort in the Florida Keys. After 11 months and numerous upgrades the resort reopened on Dec. 15, 2009. The four-diamond property looks better than ever, and to add to the Cheeca experience there are entirely new facilities and two new restaurants and bars, and the Cheeca Spa which features organic sustainable luxury and a locally inspired treatment menu. The oceanfront property includes a 525-foot pier to fish off of, tennis and golf as well. To coincide with their grand re-opening, the Cheeca Lodge and Spa has, exceptional special rates. What a great reason to start planning your next Florida Keys Vacation.
3. With just a 90-minute direct flight from Miami, into Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, guests will certainly enjoy the SEVEN STARS RESORT on Grace Bay. Named for the seven stars in the Pleiades constellation, the resort sits on 22 acres facing on the powder white sand of Grace Bay Beach. The resort features 120 guest suites ranging from 600 to 4,000 sq. ft. with private balconies and direct ocean views. Guests are invited to use the resorts four sailboats, kayaks, paddleboats, snorkeling equipment and remote control boats, all free of charge. Available through April 30, 2010, with a two night stay at $450 per night, the Seven Stars is offering the Couples Escape - Fall In Love package, featuring cocktails upon arrival on their private beachfront terrace, followed by dinner for two at The Terrace, in addition to an upgrade to a luxurious Ocean Front Junior Suite, daily continental breakfast and an in-suite couples massage. What a perfect place to get away.
4. ONE Bal Harbour, the 18-story glass tower, which opened in summer 2009, features 124 ocean-view guest rooms in studio or suite layouts with 10-foot, floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the Atlantic Ocean as well as large panoramic terraces with breathtaking views. In addition to the 10,000-square-foot waterfront spa, state-of-the-art fitness center, swimming pool and beach club, rooms are a technological dream featuring, BOSE® SoundSpace surround sound, LCD TV’s and in-mirror televisions in the bathroom. The resort conveniently features 24-hour room service and gourmet dining. If that’s not enough, guests can walk to the famed Bal Harbor shops for more shopping and dining experiences. For 4 legged guests, dog-sitting and walking are available through the Pawcierge, and the the Lulu Flynn Dog Program, launched in December 2009, provides signature doggie beds, bowls and treats as well as special recipes prepared by celebrity chef, Ingrid Hoffman.
5. For the all around Miami Beach experience, visit Miami Beach's iconic property, The Fontainebleau, designed by Morris Lapidus. After experiencing a 1 billion dollar rebirth, the resort features more than 1,500 rooms, suites and penthouses on 22 acres of oceanfront property. For a culinary experience, try one of the 11 restaurants and lounges, specifically on of their signatures, Gotham Steak by Chef Alfred Portale, or Hakkasan and Scarpetta by Chef Scott Conant. The 40,000-square-foot spa, Lapis is the perfect place to wind down with 30 private treatment rooms, Tracie Martyn products, and a co-ed pool and lounge area.
6. The Raleigh Hotel is an Oceanside oasis, located in the heart of South Beach. The remodeled art deco hotel features 104 guestrooms featuring Kiehl’s amenities, and an award winning designed, Esther Williams pool. On site, the Raleigh Restaurant, features contemporary American cuisine, perfect to enjoy poolside, in room or in the chic décor of the hotel. Take advantage of the mid-week reduces rates, always a great time to get away.
7. For a true relaxing, health and wellness experience, Canyon Ranch Miami Beach is Miami Beach’s only award-winning, fully-integrated health and wellness facility. Guests can utilize the full service luxury hotel that boasts south Florida’s largest wellness facility at 70,000 square-feet. There, guests can customize their experience as well as participate in more than 30 classes per day. The spa uses all eco- friendly products and the Grill offers three meals a day with all their nutritional content on the menu, making it possible to enjoy healthy and delicious food.
The resort’s 150 rooms provide an intimate experience for the guests and if booked by May 15, 2010, guests can participate in the “Escape Two Day Promotion.” This package includes daily breakfast for two, $200 spa allowance, complementary valet parking and an upgrade based on availability in an Ocean Palm Room or higher. If nightlife is important to the guests, luckily the resort is conveniently located close to all the fun South Beach has to offer making it the perfect weekend getaway.
8. LOEWS MIAMI BEACH HOTEL achieves the ultimate combination of the hotel’s Art Deco heritage and the modern feel and look of South Beach. The property has recently gone through a renovation finished at the end of 2009. The lobby now features a cascading waterfall as well as a 1,007 gallon, L-shaped aquarium featuring more than 55 types of fish as well as a Bamboo Shark and Honeycomb Eel. The property features seven restaurants and lounges, including Emeril’s Miami Beach. An experience for the whole family with programs such as Loews Loves Pets and Lowes Loves Kids, it is the ideal place to bring the whole family on vacation for the ultimate vacation experience.